International Tours Operations Manager
Intended start date: 24 October 2022
Astral People are on the hunt for a passionate International Tours Operations Manager to join our growing team in Sydney/Eora, Australia.
This role will be centred around logistics for all of Astral’s international tours with a focus on DJ acts. You will be working specifically with the DJ/electronic side of the roster which includes artists such as John Talabot, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Yung Singh, Folamour, Dan Shake, Omar S, Shanti Celeste, Moxie and many more.
We are seeking someone passionate about the Australian music scene. Experience in the Music/Entertainment industry is required and an understanding of the DJ/Club landscape highly preferable.
This is a full-time role and we are looking for someone to fulfil the below roles and responsibilities, if this sounds like you please email email@example.com.
Applications close Tues 4 Oct 2022.
ADVANCING ASTRAL TOURS (ASTRAL PEOPLE ONLY)
- Setting up & maintaining working calendar for all Astral Tours & Events.
- Setting up a budget for all tours.
- Contracting tours with agents.
- Logistics - booking flights, accommodation & transfers, fulfilling technical and hospitality riders relating to tours & events (Travel logistics can be done through our travel agent, Travel Beyond).
- Liaising with the artist agent/manager on the tour contract and arranging eventual sign off.
- Day-to-day operations comms with international artists, agents & managers.
- Day-to-day operations comms with local promoters, festivals, venues, bookers etc of international talent.
- Organising visas with our immigration lawyer as required for the tour.
- International tour accounting - organise international withdrawal tax and accounting. This includes liaising with the tour accountant we employ e.g. Michael Roseby.
- Organising venue holds.
- Setting up & sending out invoices/contracts for artist fees (deposits & balances) to contracting parties e.g. venues, bookers, promoters, festivals etc. (Assisted by our company accountants, Gild Group).
- Liaising with supports (directors will supply options) but we want you to lock them in and advance their requirements.
- Liaising with merchandise suppliers when needed.
- Coordinating staff on show days.
- Setting up and finalising all tour books and ensuring artist’s receive them in a timely manner.
- Setting up show budgets and P&L.
- Finalising show settlements and working with astral staff on finalising P&L
- Chasing up funds with our accountant (Gild Group) – deposits and balances
- Seeking new venues / promoters for tours and maintaining existing key relationships.
- Room to expand further into an agent role for Astral People DJ roster. Talent acquisition and pitching our artists to promoters.
ASTRAL EVENTS SUPPORT
- Logistical support for our in-house events and festival programmes - Splendour, Vivid, University festivals etc.
- Assistance setting up & sending out worksheets to all artists and staff involved in shows and festivals.
- Logistics - Assistance booking flights, accommodation & transfers, fulfilling technical and hospitality riders relating to events (Travel logistics can be done through our travel agent, Travel Beyond).
INTERNATIONAL TOUR SUPPORT (WITH HANDSOME TOURS)
- Liaising with supports. Assist in collating options and lock them in.
- Filing APRA forms from support acts.
- Managing guest lists for tours.