Astral People are on the hunt for a passionate Operations Manager to join our growing team in Sydney, Australia. Experience in the music and/or entertainment industry is preferred. The role is part-time (3 days) with a view to move to full-time in the near future.
You will be working specifically with the DJ/electronic side of the roster which includes artists such as John Talabot, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Kamaal Williams, Folamour, Dan Shake, Omar S, Shanti Celeste, Moxie, Alfa Mist and many more. You'll also be involved with our events arm which includes festival curation and programming for the likes of Vivid LIVE, Splendour In The Grass and more.
Operations Manager - Astral People Touring & Events
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Advancing International Tours (Astral Only Tours & Events)
- Setting up a budget for all projects (tours, events, stages at festivals etc)
- Contracting tours / events with agents
- Booking flights, accommodation, transfers, technical and hospitality riders relating to tours & events. Travel logistics can be done through our travel agent, Travel Beyond.
- Liaising with the artist agent/manager on the tour contract and arranging eventual sign off
- Day-to-day operations comms with international artists, agents & managers
- Day-to-day operations comms with local promoters, festivals, venues, bookers etc of international talent
- Booking in event staff where needed
- Booking in all production / backline necessary
- Setting up ticketing for all shows
- Organising visas with our immigration lawyer as required for the tour
- International tour accounting - organise international withdrawal tax and accounting. This includes liaising with the tour accountant we employ e.g Michael Roseby.
- Organising venue holds
- Setting up & sending out invoices/contracts for artist fees (deposits & balances) to contracting parties e.g. venues, bookers, promoters, festivals etc. Assisted by our company accountants, Gild Group.
- Setting up & sending out worksheets to all artists and staff involved in shows and festivals
- Liaising with supports (directors will supply options) but we want you to lock them in and advance their requirements
- Coordinating show set times, changeovers and running order
- Liaising with merchandise suppliers when needed
- Coordinating staff on show days
- Setting up and finalising all tour books and ensuring artist’s receive them in a timely manner
- Setting up show budgets and P&L
- Finalising show settlements and working with astral staff on finalising P&L
- Chasing up funds with our accountant (Gild Group) – deposits and balances
Operated by Tom Huggett and Vichara Edirisinghe, Astral People was established to stimulate and cultivate the niche music scene within Australia, one that fosters innovative local and international artists.
Over the last 10 plus years, Astral People has become one of Australia’s leading music management, touring and events companies. Today, we look after a roster of incredibly talented Australian musicians across a variety of arms including management, publishing and our record label. Our international touring division has developed into one of the largest independent rosters in the country.
Astral People values and prioritises diversity and we encourage candidates from a diverse and/or minority backgrounds to express interest. We strive to cultivate a work environment where everyone can reach their true potential in the workplace.
If this role sounds like you, please reach out to us with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com